Starters

Starters - Lissa Price So good! I would recommend this book to all of my friends who enjoyed Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games et. al. In a world where a dangerous bio-weapon has wiped out the entire population of people between the ages of 20 and 80, and where those 80+ Enders have all the power (under 20's, Starters, cannot vote and "unclaimed minors" are institutionalized), Starters are forced to live on the streets, running for their lives and scavenging for everything. One girl, Callie, in an effort to save her young, sickly brother, makes the difficult decision to rent her body out to Enders who are willing to pay substatially to be young again for a while. Of course, something goes terribly wrong and Callie is in danger. It's a wild ride.Some people may say that this novel borrows many things from Collins' world. I, however, found it inventive and intriguing. I also say to them, go read "Running Man" by Stephen King (writing as Richard Bachman), "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson, and "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury, and then tell me how original Suzanne Collins' ideas really were.(*Please note that I loved "Hunger Games" and mean no disrespect to Ms. Collins, I'm just pointing out that there really is nothing new under the sun*)